So this past weekend was pretty amazing, for two different reasons. First of all, my brother Tim got his mission call to Conception, Chile a week or two ago & so took his endowments out this weekend at the Manti Temple (he's going to school down there). It was fun to be with family, to go through the temple with my little brother, & to go through a session in Manti (I'd never been there before).
BUT, I have to say that the part that sticks out in my mind the MOST about the weekend (besides being in the car ALL DAY!), happened afterwards... You see, my parents had boughten us all some lunch & then we met at Tim's apartment there in Ephraim afterwards. There wasn't too many of us that actually made the long trip down there, but as soon as lunch was over, my Grandparents were anxious to get on their way home (probably because of the terrible snow storms we had to drive through!). So while most of the family was loading up into cars outside, Laron & I, our kids & my two little brothers were left inside with my Uncle Keith, who was still finishing up his lunch in the kitchen.
Well, without giving too many details, things happened fast from there... I kind-of walked into the kitchen as my Uncle seemed to be throwing up in the sink, so I bee-lined it out of there quick, not wanting my sensitive pregnant stomach to be the next one throwing up, & realizing that most people want a little privacy at a time like that. But after a few more moments, we quickly realized that he was NOT throwing up, but was CHOCKING! Panicking, I quickly called for Laron, & luckily, he wasn't quite as overwhelmed & scared & shocked as me to know just what to do. He rushed right over & started doing the Heimlich Maneuver on him, & after what seemed to be an eternity, the food was dislodged & my Uncle was breathing again. As I was standing there at the kitchen door, shaking from the realization at what had just happened, & overhearing my Uncle mutter a quick, "Thank-you Laron," I realized just how proud I was to be married to an amazing guy like Laron at that moment.
I mean, I've thought time & time again about what a great guy Laron is & how lucky I am to have him as a husband, but never until I witnessed him saving my Uncle's life did I realize just how deeply & profoundly I loved & admired him. I guess I can't quite explain it, but I just wanted to publicly echo my Uncle's comment... "Thank-you Laron." Thank-you for sharing my life with me, for giving life to our children & for saving lives wherever you go with your zest, love & charity for others. Just like my Uncle, I'll never be able to thank-you enough...
BUT, I have to say that the part that sticks out in my mind the MOST about the weekend (besides being in the car ALL DAY!), happened afterwards... You see, my parents had boughten us all some lunch & then we met at Tim's apartment there in Ephraim afterwards. There wasn't too many of us that actually made the long trip down there, but as soon as lunch was over, my Grandparents were anxious to get on their way home (probably because of the terrible snow storms we had to drive through!). So while most of the family was loading up into cars outside, Laron & I, our kids & my two little brothers were left inside with my Uncle Keith, who was still finishing up his lunch in the kitchen.
Well, without giving too many details, things happened fast from there... I kind-of walked into the kitchen as my Uncle seemed to be throwing up in the sink, so I bee-lined it out of there quick, not wanting my sensitive pregnant stomach to be the next one throwing up, & realizing that most people want a little privacy at a time like that. But after a few more moments, we quickly realized that he was NOT throwing up, but was CHOCKING! Panicking, I quickly called for Laron, & luckily, he wasn't quite as overwhelmed & scared & shocked as me to know just what to do. He rushed right over & started doing the Heimlich Maneuver on him, & after what seemed to be an eternity, the food was dislodged & my Uncle was breathing again. As I was standing there at the kitchen door, shaking from the realization at what had just happened, & overhearing my Uncle mutter a quick, "Thank-you Laron," I realized just how proud I was to be married to an amazing guy like Laron at that moment.
I mean, I've thought time & time again about what a great guy Laron is & how lucky I am to have him as a husband, but never until I witnessed him saving my Uncle's life did I realize just how deeply & profoundly I loved & admired him. I guess I can't quite explain it, but I just wanted to publicly echo my Uncle's comment... "Thank-you Laron." Thank-you for sharing my life with me, for giving life to our children & for saving lives wherever you go with your zest, love & charity for others. Just like my Uncle, I'll never be able to thank-you enough...

Wow, how scary! I think I would have been so shocked and scared that I wouldn't know what to do either! Good thing Laron was there. He is pretty great, you are a blessed woman :) Congrats to your brother as well!!!
ReplyDeleteHow scary! I'm so glad Laron was able to help. Laron is a great dad and husband. David and I think he's pretty great!
ReplyDeleteOh WOW!! That would be scary! :( Way to go Laron! You BOTH are awesome! We are lucky to have you guys as neighbors!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness....how Scary! I would have panicked too. What a blessing to have such a great husband. I wish I could stay calm under stressful circumstances like that.
ReplyDelete