Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Last week I celebrated my 26th birthday & it was a pretty good one! Laron had to work, so I knew ahead of time that it would just be me & the kids all day, & I knew I would feel sorry for myself if we just sat around the house waiting for Laron, so we made some plans of our own...


That morning we took ourselves out to eat & had a free birthday breakfast at Denny's (we just all shared the free meal) & then we headed over to my parent's house... I ended up going to a Bridal Shower with my Mom & then she surprised me by taking me to Ross & watching Bailey for me so I could pick out a few new things! That's something I haven't done in a while! So nice! Then we went back to my parent's house for a while and then headed home where Laron had a nice meal, flowers, peach shakes & presents all ready & waiting for us. And then after he left that evening for work, me & the kids watched a new movie together, complete with special movie snacks given to us from a neighbor.


All in all, it was a perfect birthday! Probably the best one I've had since being a mom... I guess I just finally figured out that having a birthday no longer means that I get the day off or that everything is really going to be "all about me" that day, because I'm still a mom, no matter what day it is, which translates into me taking care of everyone else's needs all day too. But despite that, I still had a really great day & felt very loved. Aren't birthdays great?! Too bad they only come once a year!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good birthday! They're definitely not as fun as they are when you're a kid. But its still nice to get a couple gifts and be remembered! Good for you to take initiative and do something fun on your special day. You kind of have to when you're a mom....or it just feels like another regular day (and it IS easy to feel sorry for yourself!)

    ReplyDelete