Well, our little Bailey is growing up on us... She just turned 1! On her birthday I tried putting her hair in pigtails for the first time & they turned out adorable! Pigtails alone make her seem older AND cuter.

Grandma & Papa spoiled her with presents the day before her birthday. It this stage I think she may have just enjoyed their attention more than the presents, but I sure was thankful for the new clothes & toys! Thanks Grandma & Papa!
Her birthday was fun, but a little bit of a disappointment as well. It took me all day to get a picture of her just half-way smiling. I think she's teething right now & not really feeling well that day, so I was bummed for her to have a grumpy day on her big 1st Birthday. And then I had worked SO hard to make sure all her presents were wrapped up & that her cupcakes were made & stuff, that when Laron came home not feeling very good & wanted to just have her open up presents the next day, I was pretty disappointed. She DID at least eat her cupcake, but I had to leave like 5 minutes later for my "Young Women Music Specialist" calling that I missed most of it. But she didn't seem too shy about eating it & seemed to definitely go for the frosting first. But as soon as Laron started putting little pieces of ice-cream on her tray, she wasn't too interested in the cupcake anymore. Apparently she's more of an ice-cream type gal!
So the next morning we opened presents... The kids seemed MORE than happy to help her, but she actually did a pretty good job at ripping little pieces off of the wrapping paper. She could tell there was something exciting about all this! But as soon as the presents were unwrapped, one of the other kids would immediantly start playing with it. She had to fight to get her presents back, but I think this was the funnest part of her whole birthday. Just playing with toys in their PJ's, with no other plans for the morning.
Well, Happy Birthday Bailey! We sure love you & love the sweet spirit that you bring to our family!





No comments:
Post a Comment