Monday, July 16, 2012

Clinton 5K

Well, I ran my first 5K this summer! Something I never thought would be an accomplishment of mine... But I started exercising with some friends in the morning that were going to run one, so they talked me into it.  Most of the other ladies were much faster than me, so I mainly ran with my friend Rachelle Lawerence.  At about the halfway point, when I was starting to wonder if I even wanted to finish this race, I noticed Laron & the kids parked off to the side of the road, waiting to cheer me on!  What a sight of encouragement that was!  After running over & giving them a quick hug & kiss & smiling at their sleepy little faces all bundled up to come see their Mommy, I ran back into the race with a little ore bounce to my step.  It was still a really challenging last half of the race, but it was very encouraging to have a friend to run beside me & a family waiting for me at the end.  What an amazing feeling to finish a goal like that!  We made it in 34 minutes, 40 seconds, which felt pretty darn good to me!  I felt like I was going to throw-up afterwards, but I did it!

Skyler asked me afterwards if I won 1st place & I had to explain to him that sometimes just FINISHING something means that you won. Skyler noticed at the race that there were several little kids running in it too, so he's been talking about running the next one with me ever since. So this morning, after going running with my running buddies, I woke Skyler up & we went on our own little run. He was SO excited, but he's definitely more of a sprinter than a long-distance racer for now... But way to go buddy. I'm impressed that you even wanted to try!

1 comment:

  1. I am lovin all of these updates! Keep going! Nice job on the 5k. I just ran one the other day. We should do one together :)

    ReplyDelete