Monday, December 10, 2012

Kimberly's 3rd Birthday

Kimberly just celebrated her 3rd Birthday & we're SO glad we have her!  We started off the morning with our traditional "Mickey-Mouse Birthday Pancakes" (because what kid doesn't like to blow out candles TWICE in one day?!).  Kimberly had spent the previous afternoon pretty miserable from an ear-ache, so we were worried she'd be sick & grouchy on her Birthday, but she did pretty well considering.

After church, a neighbor came over & gave Kimberly a present... A new baby & stroller wrapped in a REALLY big box!  I'm not sure which the kids were more excited about... The present or the really big box!

While Kimberly took a nap because she wasn't feeling well, I finished up her "Butterfly Cupcakes!"  It was definitely a step-up from my usual last-minute cupcakes with sprinkles that I normally end up with, but I couldn't have done them without the help of Heavenly Father.  You see, I was planning on going to the store the day before to buy the last-minute ingredients I needed (pretzels & jelly beans for the bodies), but Kimberly was SO miserable & needy the day before, that I just never got around to it.  After going to our "Ward Christmas Party" Saturday night & then putting Kimberly to sleep multiple times because of her ear-ache, it was suddenly 11:30 PM, & I wasn't really feeling like a quick trip to the grocery store for 2 ingredients.  But I also really wanted her to feel special on her birthday.  So I went over to my pantry cupboard & said a silent prayer that I'd be able to find SOMETHING I could possibly use for butterfly wings for her cupcakes...  It wasn't long before I found 2 mini bags of Halloween pretzels that the kids had gotten from Trick-or-Treating, that I'd been saving to take as a quick snack on an outing or something.  I almost started crying as I counted out the pretzels & found that we had almost EXACTLY enough pretzels to make cupcakes for all our family members that were coming!  I know that Heavenly Father cares about even the littlest details of our lives.  He cares about things like "Butterfly Cupcakes" because he cares about ME!


After she woke up from her nap, it was time for present-opening!  Her favorite present was some new Chapstick!  What a girly-girl she is becoming!


 We were SO happy to be surrounded by family & Kimberly LOVED being the center of attention (like always!).  And we're always glad to have Grandma's & Grandpa's around, because they spoil us & love us, no matter whether we're sick or healthy!







Bailey & Skyler both figured that Kimberly had WAY too many new toys to play with by herself, so they graciously decided to adopt one for themselves... Bailey seems to have officially adopted the baby & stroller & Skyler seems rather attached to a stuffed animal cat.  And by some miracle, Kimberly seemed to be okay with that!



 Our sweet little Kimberly!  It's hard to believe that you were only 3 months old when we moved into this house & now you are a grown up little lady!  You definitely bring a little SPUNK to our family & we wouldn't have it any other way!  Love you Kimberly!


No comments:

Post a Comment