Friday, January 18, 2013

TONS of Snow!




We have had a really crazy winter this year... Not much snow at ALL until about Christmas-time, and then in January & February we've been hit with a FURRY of snowstorm after snowstorm!  The kids are loving it, parents are getting tired of shoveling it, but our mountains can use the moisture, so I guess it's been good.





Bailey's not been quite so sure about the snow, although she thinks it's pretty tasty to eat of course!  But she sure never lasts very long once everyone goes outside to play... I think she feels like she can't walk very well all bundled up in her big, bulky snow-pants & boots.



Skyler this year has become quite a snow-shoveler!  It's usually HIS idea nowadays first thing in the morning... "Dad!  We gotta go push the snow!  I'll go get ready & meet you out there!"  His Daddy's taught him this year to serve others by shoveling their driveways occasionally too.  They especially took good care of our next door neighbor, who's husband passed away last year & she's been really struggling with it all.  If Skyler ever saw MaryAnn beat them outside to the snow in her driveway, he really got worried & would rush out to her assistance, CERTAIN that she couldn't shovel her driveway without him!  So I guess this winter has been good for that... It has given Skyler many opportunities to learn to serve others!

1 comment: