Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New Rooms for the Kids!

So we just recently finished changing all the kid's bedrooms, all in preparation for this baby of ours to come... After much debating, we finally decided it would be nice to have JUST the baby in the kid-room upstairs & to move the girls downstairs into their own room.  I was a little nervous about moving Bailey downstairs already (she's only 2!), but I think it made transitioning her into her new "big girl bed" that much more exciting for her.



It's always been my DREAM to be able to go all out on decorating my kids bedrooms, but all the cute accessories usually cost WAY more than we could afford, so we've usually just "made do" with whatever we've had on hand.  But a few weeks ago I was able to find a package deal for most of these girly accessories used on KSL for $65, so I jumped on it!  (Especially when the comforters alone that I'd been eyeing for them beforehand were $50 EACH, $100 total if I got 2 matching ones, so that made the set look even cuter to me!)  So all the things included in that were 2 matching comforters (bright pink with a flowery pattern sewn into it), 2 butterfly wall hangings, cute striped floor rug, 7 handmade pillows to put on top of the beds, 10 gerber daisy flowers & 1 big pink plastic decorative flower.  The 3 paper flowers hanging on the wall were ones I already had before, so the only EXTRA thing that I bought was the pot to put the flowers into!  I was thrilled to finally be able to have a cutesy, girly room to decorate & I'm thankful that it all turned out just like I'd imagined it would!  So yay for good deals & having cute kid-bedrooms!!!





Skyler's new room on the other hand isn't quite as exciting to ME, but fortunately I think it's exciting to HIM!  His new room is smaller than his last one, so I was worried that he'd somehow think it was a down-grade (especially after the girls had all their new decorations & comforters!), but after finding that we had a Spiderman blanket in the closet that someone had given him for his birthday, his new room suddenly seemed MUCH more cool!  We also re-painted his bed & a bookshelf that's in his closet, which really helped freshen up the space too.  But his favorite part actually of getting a new room was that he got to help me organize all his stuff... I know, it seems like something that MOST kids would dread, but I think I've rubbed off on him a little in this regard, because he's always liked helping me find better organized & new ways of arranging STUFF.  Who knew getting new rooms could be this much fun (or this much work!).  

Now onto working on the Baby's new room!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay for great deals! I love KSL. I bet it is great being able to spread out a little more and let the kids have more of their "own" space. Good luck with the new baby's room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle....that's awesome!! I've wished many times that KSL was out here in Colorado. I'm so happy that you were able to find a bedroom set for your girls at such a great price. I LOVE the flowers & butterfly. So so cute. Just perfect for your little girls. And sounds like Skyler is just loving his new room too! Such exciting news that you guys are having a baby boy :) So happy for you and your family. Glad you're finally starting to feel a little better. You look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I didn't know you were expecting- so exciting. The decor looks great too its so fun making your house look cute. Goodluck getting ready for the baby!

    ReplyDelete