A while ago I mentioned about how Skyler is scared-to-death of noisy things... the vacuum, the lawn mower, & the most inconvenient one lately has been Laron's drill. When Laron will go outside to work on his latest project, Skyler will ask me, "Is Daddy going to use his scary tool?" with a look of panic in his eyes.
So other than sit there with him & comfort him or to try and give him candy to "make him braver" or to distract him with a movie or something, I was pretty clueless at how to help him. Well, I just had to announce that we finally found the solution that works! It's really quite simple... I just wish that I had thought of it sooner! One day, while Laron was using his drill yet again, I decided to try singing "I am a Child of God with Skyler. Before we started singing, Skyler was shaking & clinging to me for dear life, but as soon as we started singing the familiar words, I could just feel his body relax. We've tried this several times now since then, and it seems to work like a charm! There certainly is power in the word of God... even in a simple Primary song.
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment