Monday, May 23, 2011

Skyler-Comments

I've been writing down funny or cute comments that Skyler has said over the last few months occasionally, & I'm getting quite the list, so I thought it was high-time I started sharing some of them!

-Ever since the first of the year, Skyler's been pretty proud of being a "Sunbeam". And he constantly reminds us of the fact in various settings by saying, "Mom, I'm a grown-up Sunbeam!"


-I asked Skyler the other day what his favorite thing to do with Daddy was. His answer: "Weeding in the garden!" I sure hope he continues to love doing that all his life!



-Several weeks ago, Skyler kept talking about "his brothers"... Our conversation would go something like this:


S: "Mom, my brothers always dip their apples in ranch dressing."


Me: "Skyler, you don't have any brothers."


S: "Yes I do... Christ & Jeff."


Me: "No, those are my brothers... They're you're uncles!"


Apparently he doesn't quite get it sometimes though, because he still occasionally talks about his brothers.



-One day Skyler overheard me talking to Laron about taking the kids to my parents' house. Skyler apparently was listening & asked, "Are Grandma & Papa your parents?" I gave him a prolonged, "Yes," with a smile. "Yeah!" he told Kimberly, "We're going to Grandma & Papa's!" It's funny when they start putting things together like that!



-One day after I told Skyler he could eat the extra hard-boiled egg I cooked, Skyler told me, "Mom, you're a good lady!"



-We asked Skyler what he wanted to be when he grew up. His immediate answer: A missionary! Good answer!



-We'd been talking about food storage awhile back & why we have it. All day long, no matter what we ate, Skyler would ask, "Do we have this in our food storage?" If the answer was affirmative, he'd respond with, "Oh good, so if something bad happens, we can still eat -----." The next week Skyler helped me put some extra cans of "vienna sausage" (which he loves!) in our food storage. On the way back upstairs he said, "Now, if our house burns down, we can run downstairs & get the vienna sausage & then get everyone out of here!" Pretty close Skyler.

-The other day when Kimberly was loudly crying over something, Skyler walked over to her & stroked her cheek as he kindly said, "Kimberly, I can't feel the Holy Ghost when you're crying."



-S: "I'm going to miss you Dad, while you're at work."


L: "I'm going to miss you guys too."


S: "Do you want to think about Mom & me & Kimberly in your heart while you're at work?"


L: "Sure!"


S: "Do you have enough room for all of us in there?"


L: "Of course I do!"



-A couple weeks ago Skyler & I had been talking about what foods come from what animals. The next day we were having Spaghetti O's for lunch when Skyler asked me, "So Mom, what animal is this made out of?" I just had to laugh!



-One day I overheard Skyler tell this to Kimberly after she'd apparently done something good: "Good job Kimberly! You're choosing the right! Guess what? If you be a good girl, you can live with Heavenly Father someday!"



-After a Family Home Evening lesson the other day on paying our tithing & reading the scripture in Malachi about the blessings that will be poured out upon us if we pay our tithing, Skyler said this a few days later: "Dad, when I look at this house, I can see all the blessings Heavenly Father is pouring on my head." Laron just looked at me, with raised eyebrows & said, "Wow, Family Home Evening is really working!"



-Skyler also loves looking at MAPS lately & loves choosing out destinations that he wants to go to someday. He's also at that stage where he thinks GUM is the coolest candy ever! If I bribe him with gum, I can pretty much get him to do whatever I want him to.



-Out-of-the-blue one day, Skyler said this: "Mom, aren't you glad you have a son like me?" Yes we are Skyler. Yes we are. You keep us entertained, amaze us with your kindness towards others, you say the BEST prayers, you pay close attention to everything we teach you & you remind us constantly why the scriptures say we need to become more like little children. Thank-you for your love & hugs & example! We sure love you!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, you are a very good lady and an amazing mother! I have much to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete