Friday, December 30, 2011

A Very, Merry Christmas!


Christmas was so fun with the kids this year!  I think it was our funnest yet!  We were super busy going from place-to-place (5 Christmas parties in 3 days, plus our own Christmas morning & church), but we all had fun... 


Laron surprised me with this homemade pie holder 2 days before Christmas, because he said I'd be needing it for the next day... I make a lot of pies for family parties & things, and am always stressing out about how we're going to transport them all safely (we've had a couple bad experiences!), so this was a fabulously thoughtful Christmas gift!  I tried it out the next day to take pies to the Pace Party & it worked wonderfully!  The only problem with it was that it weighs 51 pounds!  It's a good thing I'll usually have Laron around to carry it for me.  Thanks again honey!


We started out our celebrations by eating breakfast at my parent's house on Christmas Eve.  After breakfast we all did our "string" & openned presents.  They spoiled us all, as usual!



That afternoon we headed to Laron's Mom's in Provo.  However, we experienced some unexpected car problems on the way down, making us a couple hours late.  Sorry everyone!  But at least we were able to pick up one last-minute present on the way down: a chicken for Grandma!  That made quite a reaction at the party!  But she was thankful nonetheless.


This year was our first Christmas morning we've had at our own house, just with our family... And it was SO fun!  I only wish we could've had a little more time do enjoy it before rushing off to get to church & then on up to Evanston.  I think we'd only openned up like 3 presents before church, because the kids had been so excited to play with their new presents, which we were fine with encouraging.  But we experienced a few tears over leaving our unopenned presents behind, so Laron let them each bring an additional present with them to open up on the way to Church...


And then we were off to Evanston, Wyoming to go visit Laron's Dad.  The kids always like going up there and seeing the animals, so it was a good way to end the day.  After so much rushing from place-to-place over the last few days, it was nice not to have to hurry off to anywhere else that day & just relax... I'm already looking forward to the kids openning up Christmas presents next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment