Friday, June 7, 2013

Skyler's Final Week of Kindergarten

I can't believe that Skyler has now completed a WHOLE year of school!  And I've felt really blessed, because Skyler has LOVED it!  He loves his teacher & he loves learning.  It's always so sad to me when I hear about other kids in the neighborhood whose kids HATE school, even from day 1 of Kindergarten.  Skyler's teacher has been AWESOME for his particular shy personality though... She learned early on that PRAISE does wonders for him!  If she praises him for behaving well or doing something well, he'll try EXTRA hard next time to impress her with the same excellence in behavior.  Apparently he also has become a little bit of tattle-tell, I think to get that SAME attention from the teacher, so we've been working on that.  But all-in-all, I've been SO impressed with the progress he's made over the last few months!  He is coming along SO well with reading (although we've still got a long ways to go!) & really loves MATH.  So thank-you Mrs. Rea, for helping to make Skyler's first year of school such a success!



The last week of school, his class went on their one & only Field Trip for the year, and I was lucky enough to be able to go along & chaperone.  They just went to a local park that had lots of ducks & running space, but Skyler could hardly contain his excitement about being able to ride on a BUS for the first time & being able to eat SNACKS there with his class!  Oh, the joys in the eyes of a kid!  At first I was surprised that they only had me in charge of watching Skyler & one other kid on the Field Trip, but I soon learned WHY... The other kid was ALL over the place & was quite a handful!  I can hardly imagine how I would have kept track of a big group of kids like him!  All-in-all, it was an exciting day for Skyler, so I was glad to have been able to be a part of that excitement!



Near the end of his final week, his teacher had a small little ceremony where she presented each student with a "Graduation Certificate".  The kids LOVED each being individually recognized & us parents loved being able to be proud of their great kids.  What a blessing it is to have a son who I only ever hear GOOD reports from his teacher at school... You are such a joy to have in our family Skyler!


No comments:

Post a Comment