Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Andy"

Tonight for my scripture study with Skyler (Laron was working) we read the 1st Article of Faith & Skyler repeated it back to me. And then we discussed what it meant. I asked him, "So who do we believe in?" to which, of course, I got a blank stare. So we began saying together, over & over while I pointed to three fingers, "We believe in Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost."

Now time to check his understanding... "Okay, so who do we believe in?" I asked while pointing to my first finger. "Heavenly Father." Second finger? "Jesus Christ." Third finger? "Andy." What?! I had to do a double take... Andy? Where did that come from? And then I realized that I was saying, "...and the Holy Ghost." Wow! I guess he WAS really listening! So then I had to fix the mistake that I had accidentally just taught him, so that he didn't grow up thinking that we believe in some nice God named Andy. I was sure glad I had him repeat it back to me!

So after a little conversation about who the Holy Ghost is (it's got to be kind-of a confusing concept for a kid), it was time for Skyler's prayers. With the Holy Ghost fresh on his mind, he added this nice little line into his prayers: "And please bless the nice ghost. The one with the spirit..." Close enough I guess. I did my best for a 1st-time "Holy Ghost" conversation. At least he doesn't still think his name is Andy...

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is hilarious! And what a fast learner! I'm so glad that you are able to write all of this stuff down! You won't want to forget that one...

    ReplyDelete