Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Holy Ghost Conversation #2

If you haven't already read my post entitled "Andy," you'd better read that one before you read this one, or you'll be a little confused...

So for scriptures tonight, I thought I'd try and address the topic of the Holy Ghost again, to hopefully clarify my poor explanations yesterday, but I think I only confused the poor kid more! We started off by saying the 1st Article of Faith again & naming the three in the Godhead. Afterwards, Skyler boldly declared, "I don't like the Holy Ghost." "Why?!," I interjected. He simply explained, "I just like the Holy, not the Ghost." Okay, I figured that made sense to not like a ghost, so I tried to explain that the Holy Ghost doesn't look like the ghosts he sees in movies, he looks like us (with a head & hands & feet...), he just doesn't have a body. Skyler furrowed his brow, deep in thought for a moment. "So will he come and eat dinner with us?," he asked. I tried to explain that the Holy Ghost doesn't eat food, because he doesn't have a body. Then Skyler's eyes got wide as he asked, terrified, "So does he eat people?!" Ohhhh...

And who says having a Teaching Certificate makes you a good teacher? It certainly hasn't done me any good the last two days... Does anyone have any simple ideas for teaching this concept to a child? I'm certainly botching it!

2 comments:

  1. So funny! haha! Wow! I was thinking you were doing good, that just must be a confusing idea to grasp as a little kid. He's super cute! Travis is determined to make him like him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that's a hard one. Good luck. Kenzie understands it now. I haven't really tried that hard with Braden yet. He would just catch the 'ghost' part too.

    ReplyDelete