Thursday, November 3, 2011

Preschool for Skyler

So Skyler is "Preschool age" this year, but we haven't had him actually enrolled in a Preschool (because let's face it, $65 a month for Preschool is a little pricey!) until last week... It's kind-of a crazy story, but my ward did a "Service Auction" thing for a Relief Society activity a couple weeks ago, & one lady's service she offered was for "3 months of 3x's/week preschool for one child". Uh, wow! What an offer! So I saved up all my points, bid them all on it & amazingly I won it! It's especially amazing because I'm not really a bidding/auction kind-of person, but I knew Skyler would just LOVE being able to go to school, and so I went for it.


For some reason, learning your letters & how to spell your name at home with Mom & two crying siblings just isn't the same thing. And no one in my ward was really interested in doing a "joy-school" this year, so he was just stuck with Mom. Which had been actually really good for us to have that one-on-one time together everyday, but we kind-of went in spurts of doing it daily & then forgetting about it for awhile.
So, without further ado, meet the big preschooler on the block! He is SO excited about it! And even though I know I can teach my child about numbers & colors & such, Skyler really needs the sociality of learning to interact with other kids his age & not being too shy to answer the teacher's question when she calls on him. This'll be so good for him. Can't believe that Kindergarten is right around the corner...

And I have to admit that I've been enjoying just hanging out with the GIRLS around here... A little bit of a different feel to it, but I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment