Monday, August 27, 2012

My 27th Birthday!


Laron surprised me for my birthday this year by arranging with my sister beforehand to watch the kids for us while he took me reminiscing around Logan... He took me to the first place he saw me (at Ward Prayer) & pointed out exactly where I was sitting that night, what door I walked through & how he pointed me out to his roommates.  It brought tears to my eyes to hear it once again from his perspective...  We walked past our old apartments, when we were both married & single.  We had a picnic in one of our old picnic spots, went to where we first kissed, walked around campus remembering Laron walking me from class to class, went to where Laron got a ticket once for parking in a handicapped parking stall, got some Aggie Ice-Cream & remembered Laron blindfolding me on our First Anniversary after a class & taking me to the Anniversary Inn.  We went & found the first corn maze we went through & remembered the first time we held hands (through the scary dark tunnel that he was so gentlemanly to help me through!).  It was such a fun couple of hours, reminiscing over all of our memories in this sweet town we once called home.


After we got back to my sister's, I figured we were done, but Laron had arranged for Emily to cook us up a nice candlelight dinner, complete with adorable little servers!  The kids LOVED coming in to bring us food, but couldn't understand why they couldn't stay in & eat it with us, so although it wasn't a very quiet dinner, it was SO sweet of an idea that it was still fun anyway!  They got even MORE excited when Laron paid them a tip for being such good servers!  Good times!  I definitely felt loved & cared after.  How lucky I am to have such a sweet family!

No comments:

Post a Comment