We've been busy this summer with house projects, as many of you know. Well, I FINALLY finished painting Skyler's new room downstairs in September, which ended up being a lot more work than I had at first anticipated. It was a Pepto Bismol PINK to start with, so Laron said that had to go! Skyler said he wanted a green room, but I was a little worried about an entirely green room being TOO MUCH color, so we broke it up a little by painting the bottom half tan & the top half green, with white chair-rail dividing them up in the middle. We painted 2 layers of primer to cover up MOST of the pink, then 2 coats of green on the top, 1 coat of tan on the bottom, Laron helping me add the chair-rail between, & painting a final white coat on top of that. Way too much painting for just one room, but I really love it & so does Skyler! What I didn't tell him was that I tried to paint it a color of green that would work for a girl-room too someday, just in case one the girls ever change into this room instead! :) Saving me time down the road really sounds good to me right now!
And then Laron of course has been busy outside... He's got the front door all installed, the last window in in the back (which ended up being a headache because the company we ordered it through mixed up the measurements, etc, etc, etc!), he's got half of the new rain-gutters up & about 1/3 of the siding left to do on the back (that we had to wait until the last window was installed to finish up). Our goal was to finish it all up before winter, but luckily it hasn't been too snowy this winter, so he's still been able to work on things here & there. Yeah! We're almost done! What an amazing husband I have to just be able to watch a few YouTube videos & be able to figure out how to do any home improvement project!

No comments:
Post a Comment