Saturday, November 10, 2012

The First Snow of the Year

Our first snow this year came on October 25th.  The kids were SO excited & could hardly eat breakfast because they wanted to go out & play in it so much!  So after breakfast I got them all bundled up & sent them out to play (thinking I might actually have a few minutes to myself!).  After about 5 minutes, Bailey's mittens had come off & she was crying because she had fallen in the snow & her hands were cold, so she came in.  After 10 minutes, Kimberly came in because she had to go to the bathroom.  Of course.  Skyler tried just playing by himself for awhile, but after 20 minutes he was bored & was back in as well.  A lot of work getting on all those snow clothes, for only a few minutes of free-time!

A couple weeks later my brothers came over & helped the kids make a massive snowman!  It was even barely taller than Laron!  The most creative feature was the ARMS, which my brothers made out of the old raingutters we had up on the house that we haven't gotten rid of yet.  So now, every time I look at this particular snowman picture, I'll be able to remember that that was the year we were working on our house!  Very clever boys!  It certainly gives Mr. Snowman a little more character!

No comments:

Post a Comment