Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving this year was good, although a little less conventional than normal, because Laron had to work.  We were supposed to go to Laron's Mom's house this year, but I didn't really want to go without Laron, so instead I just took the kids over to my Parent's house & we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner there.  Then afterwards, we met McKay & Kajsa (Laron's brother & wife) at our house for pie.  It was nice not to have to travel so much & to keep things simpler, but it would have been even nicer if Laron had been able to spend the whole day with us as well.  Oh, and I know you probably can't see what the girl's shirts say on them, but they say "Sweet as Pumpkin Pie"!  A Neighbor brought them over for us & they were PERFECT for Thanksgiving, especially because my family's signature dish is always the PIES!  Thanks again Stephanie!


And like always, the things that you are Thankful for CHANGE depending upon your circumstances for the year... So this year, I am thankful for a Husband that's a hard worker, that constantly is learning new skills to make our house a better place, that inspires me by going above & beyond at his calling, and that tries to make the best of things, even when they're hard.  I'm thankful that my kids have other siblings to play with, giggle with & to learn from.  I'm thankful that Skyler loves school, is still excited about learning & that he's got a good teacher that works perfect with his personality.  I'm thankful for a Mother that loves to babysit my children, that I can still call up at late hours & ask my parenting questions to, & that inspires me to be a better person.  And I'm thankful for my testimony of the gospel... the wonderful spirit it brings into my home, the guidance I receive from my Heavenly Father when I pray to Him, & the knowledge I have about Eternal Families & our purpose here on Earth.  How I wish that everyone in the world could have the same peace & joy as I have from these things!  So, "Happy Thanksgiving" everyone!  We really are SO blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment