Monday, October 21, 2013

Fall Break


 This year Skyler's "Fall Break" happened to fall on Laron's off-week, so we decided to come up with a few fun things to do around town each day as a family... The first day we went to a movie at the Dollar Theater (our kids think that's a very SPECIAL treat right now!) & then took them Minature Golfing.  It hadn't really crossed my mind until just that moment as I was watching them attempt to hit the ball into the hole, that maybe they were too young for something like this... Eventually they each figured out that it worked better to just try & KICK the ball into hole.  It wasn't quite what I had imagined, but like Laron kept pointing out to me, they were having fun, so I guess that's all that mattered.




The second day, we got some work done around the house in the morning, then went out to eat for dinner (another very special treat around here!) & then to a local "Trampoline Park" that Laron's been wanting to try out for awhile.  We decided afterwards that that was the FUNNEST thing we did all week!



We weren't quite sure WHAT to expect there, but they had all sorts of different things to do & even SEPARATE areas made JUST for the little kids.  They had a slide for the little kids to slide down into a foam pit, bigger foam pits with delayed TV's (so you could watch an instant replay of your cool tricks), a dodgeball area & of course, LOTS OF TRAMPOLINES!  The kids were in heaven, especially because Daddy was right in there with them, bouncing the night away!  I think we'll definitely be going back there AGAIN sometime!





On Skyler's third day off, we went down to Salt Lake to get free Flu Shots at Laron's work (I know, NOT such a fun thing!), then we stopped & got Slurpee's at 7-11 for their REWARD (they all did SO awesome!) & then we spent the rest of the day at Temple Square & even watched the "Joseph Smith" movie on the big screen there, which the kids LOVED.  All-in-all it was a pretty busy weekend for us, but Laron was determined to make some fun family memories, so I think we definitely accomplished that goal!  Happy Fall everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment