So last year I had a few neighbors that had asked me if we went to our local "Fire Station Open House." I told them I hadn't even HEARD about it, but wasn't sure if that sounded very exciting anyway. They assured me it was an event WELL worth going to. And I thought they had said something about being able to have a tour inside a Firetruck, but what I hadn't realized was that we could actually have a RIDE inside a real Firetruck! So this year we finally got to try it out & the kids had a BLAST! It was, of course, a REALLY long line to ride around the block in the Firetruck, but after seeing Kimberly's beaming face as she sat up in the front seat all by herself & got to ring a bell occasionally & seeing Skyler jumping up and down in line because he was SO excited, it was WELL worth the wait!
They also had a helicopter you could sit in (no rides in THAT unfortunately!) & some kitchen fire demonstrations where they actually lit a grease-fire, then showed you how best to put it out. They also had a blow-up slide the kids could go down, they served popcorn & cookies & they passed out lots of free stuff like black or pink fire-fighter hats, railroad hats, stickers, coloring books & much more!
So, for being FREE, I'm so glad we went! It was worth every penny we spent (or not!)... :) So thanks to all our neighbors that encouraged us to go!





No comments:
Post a Comment