Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Skyler's 3rd Birthday!!!

Skyler's 3rd Birthday was today & boy was he ever excited! Laron & I decided that we would rather spend the day doing fun stuff with Skyler rather than just buying him presents, so our day was a busy one... And we even got my mom to watch Kimberly for part of the day so that it could just be him & us (since he doesn't get that one-on-one time with us quite as much anymore now that Kimberly's around!).
A couple weeks ago I asked Skyler what he wanted for his birthday, just curious to see what he'd say. He thought about it for a moment, then declared with a grin on his face, "Cupcakes!" I figured that was a present I could handle, so the very first item on our agenda today was making cupcakes. I hope Skyler will always be this easy to please for his future birthdays!

Then Skyler spent some good ol' quality time with his Daddy (which is probably his absolute favorite thing to do!), while I got Kimberly ready to go... They jumped on the tramp & played hide-and-seek & just had fun hanging out.



We then dropped off Kimberly & headed over to the movie theater to see "Toy Story 3!" Skyler had never been to a movie theater before & we figured that on a day all about him, this would be something extra special he would love. He was a little scared of the very loud big screen at first, but warmed up to it quickly.

We then headed over to the park to feed the ducks. Sometimes cheap, easy fun is the best fun of all...


We then sang Skyler "Happy Birthday" & let him open his two presents from us. Of course Skyler was super excited about this part of the day...

This was his face when he saw that it was a Buzz Lightyear toy! He immediantly said, "To infinity, & beyond!"

I think he likes it! When he started opening his second present, he said to Laron with a twinkle in his eye, "Maybe this is a Woody toy." Laron & I just looked at each other with our mouths open & enjoyed reading each other's minds: How did our kid get to be so smart?

And, of course, his second toy was a Woody toy. Even though he'd already figured it out, I'm still pretty sure he liked it. After that we spent the afternoon at the park playing on the playground & throwing the Aerobe. What fun.


That afternoon, Grandma & Papa Erickson came over to give him some presents. They, of course, gave him more presents than we did... I guess that's what Grandparents are for. Thanks Mom & Dad!

Skyler went through the bag & quickly set aside all the clothes, and went searching for the toys, which of course he had to immediately stop and play with.

Wow! What a spoiled boy! Skyler definitely is loved. We're grateful for a fun day & for the opportunity to make fun memories with our Skyler... And those we know are priceless.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! And what a good idea to spend the whole day doing stuff with him! I'm sure he felt like #1!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skyler is the cutest little kid! He looks so excited to have a Buzz AND Woddy. Bet he Loved spending the whole day with mom & dad. You're such good parents.

    ReplyDelete