Friday, June 3, 2011

One Final Project

So after living in our house for just over a year, I'm finally figuring out what to do with certain spaces... Some areas were obvious to me as to how to decorate, but other areas I've just had to brainstorm about for a year to get it just right. This certain blank wall in the kitchen was one of those areas... After seeing my neighbor put together a similar picture collage in her master bedroom (Thanks Rachel!), I decided that that was just what our blank space needed. But it sure was easier thought-about than done!

The hardest part probably was picking out what picture frames to put together & how to arrange them all. After setting up many a display in the aisles of craft stores, this is what I came up with. THEN I had to pick what pictures I wanted to put in them (I ended up printing them all in black & white), which took quite awhile too, especially since I ended up with 10 horizontal pictures & only 4 vertical ones...


Then it was onto nailing up my formation onto the wall... But luckily my neighbor had given me the tip of taping up wallpaper onto the wall in the shape of all the picture frames, so I could just move those around until they were all in just the right place. What a lifesaving tip that was! It sure made me a lot less nervous to start nailing all those holes in place!

And finally, my project was complete & I think it turned out DARLING! It was just what our wall needed & I've found myself thoroughly enjoying it over the last couple of days... I feel like it's almost like a scrapbook wall of some of my favorite pictures of my family, & where we spend SO much time in the kitchen lately feeding this growing family of mine, I find myself looking at the pictures often, admiring these precious memories. I just wish you could see all the pictures up close in the picture here, but you'll just have to take my word that they're super cute! So thanks Rachel for the idea & thanks to our precious baby who's almost here in motivating me to hurry up & do one final project before your arrival!

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing! I finally got the nerve up to do something like this on my living room wall shortly after Christmas. I love your arrangement! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete