Monday, June 13, 2011

Welcome Home Bailey!

Well, the last week has been an adjustment for all of us, but mostly for Kimberly. She's not quite sure about her spot as #1 in the family being taken over, but she's slowly getting used to it! As long as I let her help me take care of the baby, instead of me just doing it myself, she seems to like her a little better. But I still feel like I have to PROTECT the baby from her sometimes or somehow she ends up right on top of her, poking at her eyes & forcing the pacifier into her mouth, whether she's awake or not! Otherwise though, life around her has been very simple & family-centered lately... Mainly because I don't have energy for anything else! And maybe that's how it should be.







A few things we've learned about Bailey this week: She is a terrible spitter-upper, she has a funny, swirly calic right above her forehead (that I hope doesn't give us too much trouble over the years!), & she seems to sleep better the noisier the kids are! She also has such beautiful, dark eyes & of course the baby-soft hair that I just can't help but stroke when I'm holding her. We love her lots & are excited to get to know her better!

2 comments:

  1. She is adorable! Congratulations! If you get a chance I'd love to hear the birth story. I'm a sucker for things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete