So I've been thinking tonight about relationships... There are SO many people in our lives with whom we interact & they ALL influence us in some form or another. I've been more specifically thinking about all the relationships in my life that have influenced my life for good. My husband, my mother, my father, my neighbors, my children, my sister, my high-school friends, my grandparents... the list goes on & on. But what's been interesting to me lately is that these relationships can still impact your life once they are over. Even after a grandparent has passed away, or after high-school is over, or after you move far away from a close friend, they still have an impact & influence on your life. Their memories, things that you learned from them, & how they made you feel all seem to stick with you over the years. That being said, while realizing how grateful I am for so many of the relationships in my life, I am also extremely grateful that relationships can continue beyond the grave. What a sad existence it would be without all the people we know & the memories we've shared with them!
Another thought that's been on my mind today is from an article I recently read from an LDS mother who was trying to enjoy being a mother more, instead of just viewing it as a chore. One thing that helped change her point-of-view was realizing what a blessing it was to spend every day with some of her most FAVORITE people in the world! And with the craziness in our lives lately of learning to adjust to having 3 kids, it has really helped me the last couple of days to step back at those hectic times in the day & look at my kids and think, "Wow, these ARE some of my very favorite people in the world... Aren't I lucky to get to spend so much time with them?!" And at those times when I am able to pause for a moment & really see the dimpled grin on Kimberly's face or the way Skyler holds Kimberly's hand to lead her to another room or to sit & listen to Skyler's sound effects as he plays, I wonder how I could ever be happy doing anything else! How lucky I am for these precious little relationships in my life... my favorite little people in the whole wide world!

No comments:
Post a Comment